Thursday, November 7, 2013

A Sweep with the Ban Hammer!

So every time I log into Final Fantasy XIV I find myself just standing there.  Sometimes it takes a few seconds, sometimes a few minutes, but it always happens.  I get a tell.  "Go too bysomegilanhavuraccnthaxed.com for a fun time!"  I take a small amount of pleasure in blacklisting these guys.  Of course, I wish I could do so much more, but there's only so much a mere player can do against RMT assholes.

Then, this morning, I came across this story.

Just take that in.  Go on, I'll give you a minute.  Read that story, take it in.  There, are you good?  Oh, you may want to celebrate a while.  I'll give you another minute.  I'll be right here.

In case you're too lazy to click a link, here's the information:

Because we have confirmed the existence of players who are engaging in these illicit activities, we have taken the actions listed below. 

Time Period: Oct. 31, 2013 to Nov. 6 2013 
Accounts receiving disciplinary action for RMT advertising: 810 
Accounts receiving disciplinary action for illicit activity: 689 
Action Details: Permanent ban from FINAL FANTASY XIV
Time Period: Oct. 31, 2013 to Nov. 6 2013 
Accounts receiving disciplinary action for RMT activity: 753 
Action Details: Permanent or temporary ban from FINAL FANTASY XIV
*Players with negative intentions will be banned permanently. 


It's a good day to be a player.  1499, nearly 1500 accounts banned for breaking the damned rules.  This is a beautiful, beautiful day for Eorzea.  The only thing that could have made this better is if they rounded up all these characters in a public square and had a dragon scorch them to death.  Or a swarm of cactuars running through them, shootings their thousands of needles into every blasted gil seller in sight.  And we would all be standing around the square in stands watching, cheering, clapping.

Then we'd get a tell: "come 2 our site and bye som gil 2day!!1"....

Dammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment